I’ve mentioned that we are slowly moving away from processed foods in the house, and that means that my beloved organic granola bars – chock-full of brown rice syrup – must fade into the sunset.
Oh, but friends! Enter these INSANELY delish vegan granola bites. I happened upon this recipe when I scanned a Larabar with my Fooducate app (are you using Fooducate yet? Seriously, best app ever.)
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 2 bananas, mashed (brown is best)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite whole nuts
- 1.5 cup totally of dried fruits (cherries, cranberries, apricots, raisins, coconut, etc)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin/sunflower seeds (optional)
For last night’s batch, I used organic peanut butter, dried cranberries, pecans, vanilla, and cinnamon, but omitted the seeds. (I previously used raisins and dried cherries.)
Heavenly. J described them as a healthy cookie/cupcake that will now be a family staple. Let me know what you think if you decide to try!