I just logged in to my old Hotmail account, ready to do some serious damage with the delete button, to find…
My entire account – likely due to inactivity – has been wiped clean, and only one email exists (a cheery welcome from Hotmail, who just callously wiped out my entire history SINCE 1998).
I can’t aptly describe how sad this makes me. I’ve lost countless memories, not least of which was the first “what’s going on here?” email exchange between J and me, the one where we realize OH HEY WE ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED AND MOVE TO TEXAS AND HAVE TWO BABIES.
(OK, maybe not ALL of that. But we definitely decided to have a drink together.)
(Chances that J held onto this email are slim, but here’s hoping.)
(On the bright side, I have no mass deletion to get to this morning, and a brand new email account to give to cashiers at check-out. Silver lining.)
RIP, Internet Melissa circa 1998 – 2006. You will be greatly, greatly missed.
Here’s what I really wanted to share today. TIPS!
I love a good tip. As I’ve told you, I keep a notebook on all things health and wellness-related, and yes, I totally take notes from books and magazines and billboards, if I am so inspired.
I’m not sure why I like Alison Sweeney so much: she’s a successful working mom? She seems like a regular gal? She’s got an entrepreneurial spirit? She had a guest role on Friends? Regardless, I eagerly jotted down some of these tidbits she offered from September’s Health Magazine:
- Salad I’m preparing tonight: cooked broccoli, asparagus, green beans, raw carrots, roasted corn, cilantro, and avocado. YUM.
- Plan exercise on your calendar. I know we’ve heard this one before, but it bears repeating.
- Bronzer rec: Scott Barnes Body Bling lotion. To be sure: I never use bronzer, but I am sure someday I will find the right one that makes me look effortlessly tan and slim and not orange.
- If you crave sugar in the evenings (YES), go to sleep. Your body is likely tired.
- Create various playlists for different workouts: running, sweat, yoga. I’m eager to do this.
- Skinny parfait: puffed brown rice cereal (arsenic be damned) instead of granola.
I find that tips like these tend to stick with me; I’ve been thinking about that salad for weeks.
What about you guys? Any tips that play on repeat in your brains?
Oh! I now have a Total Mama Twitter. I think I am the most self-conscious tweeter evah, but I currently have zero followers anyway, so LET’S DO THIS.