Another week has flown by, and I’m pleased with my progress thus far. It’s not always easy, but I feel fantastic, despite still not really sleeping well and fighting off the pestilence that has settled upon our house since H began school.
Some updates, though not a whole lot has changed from last week:
What I’m Doing:
- Training and cross-training, as often as possible. It won’t be easy to run the half ten pounds overweight (my goal); and it sure as hell isn’t easy to train 20 pounds overweight. But I focus on putting on my shoes and moving. I don’t expect to PR come December. I just want to be there and run the entire time. To this end, I know I need to log the miles, every chance I get.
- Googling when the next installment of The Biggest Loser premieres. Didn’t they used to do two seasons annually? I was disappointed that I won’t get a Jillian-fix until January; but after the holidays, I’m sure I’ll need her more.
- Avoiding desserts. I DID NOT EAT A SINGLE DONUT at Friday’s Mom’s League meeting. This is a triumph for me. FREE DONUTS, GUYS! I survived. I also did not return to the register at Corner Bakery on Friday evening and order multiple desserts, which is my usual M.O. Personal growth, y’all.
What I’m Eating:
- Holy crap, you guys: frozen grapes. J and I had never tried them, and now we are slightly obsessed and fighting over them each night. So sweet! So cold! Just delicious.
- A smoothie a day, still. I’ve got H and J drinking them as well. Still throwing in whatever seems appropriate. Still delicious.
What I’m Reading:
- My blog archives. It suddenly occurred to me that this whole getting back in shape after baby thing? I have done it before. And I’ve got at least 10 blog posts to prove it. I really decided to look up the ol’ BAB Proj after wondering how much I weighed 7 or so weeks after birthing Hendrik. Unfortunately I am slightly behind my thirty year-old self on the L-B front. I’m currently hovering around 160. My dream is to reach the 150s this week. (I will take 159.9, dudes.)
What are you all up to this week?